Microsoft Store is also known as a Windows Store; it is a digital distribution service offered by Microsoft. It allows users to download and install any application, MS service, purchase digital media, and games. According to some users, they cannot launch Microsoft Store on their device. So, if you are facing a similar issue, then here are a few potential solutions.
Make a Fresh User Account
You can make a fresh user account by following these instructions provided below:
- Invoke the Settings application on your system.
- Then reach the section of Accounts and click on it.
- Choose the ‘Family & other people’ option through the left menu.
- On the right side, select the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ option.
- Go to the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’ option.
- Reach the ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’ option.
- Now, you should input the preferred user name then hit the Next button.
Move to the Local Account
You can switch to a local account by following these instructions provided below:
- Firstly, invoke the Settings application and reach the section of Accounts.
- Then choose the ‘Sign in with a local account instead’ option.
- You have to insert the password of the account and hit the Next button.
- Type the preferred username and press the Next button.
Remove the LocalCache Directory
You can remove the LocalCache directory by following these instructions provided below:
- Go to this directory: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\LocalPackages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
- Tap the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run section.
- Then type ‘%appdata%’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Choose each file in the local cache directory and then remove them.
Turn on User Account Control
You can turn on the User Account Control by following these instructions provided below:
- Go to the Search section on your system.
- Then insert ‘user’ into it then choose the ‘Change User Account Control settings’ through the menu.
- Drag the slider to the standard position and choose the OK button to apply the changes.
Running the MS Store Applications Troubleshooter
You can use the MS Store applications troubleshooter by following these instructions provided below:
- Launch the Settings application, then choose the section of ‘Update & security.’
- Reach the left panel and choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Go to the right panel and pick the ‘Microsoft Store Apps.’
- Then select the button of ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
Reset the MS Store
You can reset the MS Store troubleshooter by following these instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the Settings option on the system.
- Then select the Apps option and choose the ‘Apps & Features’ option.
- Find the application of MS Store inside the list and choose it.
- You should choose the ‘Advanced options’ button.
- Now, hit the Reset button and reboot the system.
Now, the Microsoft Store will launch seamlessly on your Windows 10 device.
Ryan Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.