Mail app is the default and in-built app provided in iPhone and iPad devices. It is packed with basic and necessary features, but many of us want additional stuff and tools apart from the normal mailing utilities and features. If you are also one of them, then here’s a good deal for you. You can use third-party apps with ease on your iPhone or iPad. Here are the steps to follow for setting up the third party emailing apps for your iPhone and iPad:
Spark is among the most preferred apps out there for mailing and is known due to several reasons. It can easily detect your email types and then organize all your emails in separate sections like:
It can easily work with Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook, Google, Exchange, and several IMAP email accounts.
The complete procedure of setting up the Spark app is very straightforward. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Open the Spark app on your iOS device.
- Then, you will see a welcome screen if you are using the Spark app for the first time. Here, you will be provided two options:
- Got it
- Tap any one of them to proceed.
- Now, you need to Enter Email ID into the text box.
- Hit the Next button.
- After that, Spark will launch your provider’s site to login, then hit the Continue tab there.
- Now, Spark will ask to turn on the Notifications feature to send you relevant notifications; then, you need to hit the Allow tab.
- Next, provide permission to Spark for accessing your email ID from the browser.
- The email account will then be used to sync the Spark data across several devices on the iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
- Return to the Spark and then authenticate with the tab “Start using Spark.”
- Now, Spark will ask you to access all the iPhone contacts. To let Spark to do the same, select the Allow option.
Adding Any Other Email Account in Spark
Pursue these instructions to add any other Email account in the Spark app:
- Go to the Spark app and then hit the side tab located at the upper-left edge of the Inbox view.
- Hit the Settings tab.
- Then, tap the Mail Accounts option.
- Choose the Add Account tab there.
- Select a provider.
- Now, you need to pursue all the on-display directions for the selected provider.
- In case you want to add more accounts, repeat the above-mentioned steps.
Follow these steps to set up an Email account on AirMail:
- Open the Airmail app directly on your iOS device.
- After that, select the account provider you wish to add.
- Airmail will bring up the home page for the selected provider. Now you can log in with your necessary sign-in information.
- Hit the Allow tab to grant Airmail for accessing your account.
- Now, agree to the privacy policies and user instructions of AirMail. You may also let AirMail send you relevant notifications regarding your emails.
- Once done, hit the Continue button.
- If Airmail asks for confirmation, tap the Allow button.
Adding Another Email Account in Airmail
Follow these instructions to add another email with Airmail:
- Hit the menu tab from the upper-left edge of your screen.
- Then, press the Settings icon from the lower left edge of your side menu.
- Choose the option Add Account by navigating the menu tab.
Using Microsoft Outlook
If you want to set up an Email account with MS Outlook, then follow these straightforward steps:
- Launch Outlook on your iOS device.
- Then, input your email ID, be it personal or work, into the text field.
- Now, hit the Add Account option there.
- MS Outlook will open the provider’s homepage for you to sign in with your login credentials.
- Tap the Allow button to provide Outlook permissions to access your important data.
- Next, Outlook will verify all the details and then add the account.
- Press the Accept button if you like to share the usage data with others.
- After adding your first account, Outlook will ask whether you desire to add another account or not.
- Here you can select the options: Maybe Later or Add.
- If you want to select Add, then repeat the steps mentioned above.
- You will be brought to the inbox if you select Maybe Later.
Adding Another Mail Account on MS Outlook
You can also add additional accounts later. Here are the steps to follow to add another account in MS Outlook.
- First of all, hit the account avatar after launching the Outlook app. This option will be situated at the upper left edge. Alternatively, you can tap the inbox header.
- Press the gear-shaped icon from the lower left edge of your side menu to open Settings.
- Choose the Add Account tab.
- Select the Add Email Account option from the popup menu.
- You have to repeat the above procedures until you have successfully added all of your accounts.
Note: You can also use Edition or Newton Mails as third-party mailing apps on your iOS device.
The default Mail app is packed with emailing features and some premium tools provided by Apple, but some users want more than this. In this case, it is recommended to select a compatible third-party app like Outlook, AirMail, or Spark.
Ryan Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.